Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Reminiscing Shania Twain's 7 popular songs on her Birthday

The Queen of country pop ‘Shania Twain’ turns 49 today. Twain has sold more than 85 million albums. She has received 5 Grammy Awards, 27 BMI Songwriter awards, stars on Canada's Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.


Shania Twain is a lady who spun magic with her voice. Her songs provide a feeling of liveliness, happiness, and gaiety. Most of her songs revolve around love and the expectations rising through it.

The reason why we still groove over her songs, because her songs states life crucial things in a peppy way. On her birthday, we bring you her top 7 all-time songs.



     1. You’re still the One

The song is upbeat, simple, and full of love. It underlines the fact that two people are going happy by being in a relationship with each other. The way the feel about each other can never change.

“When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday”



       2. That don’t impress me much

So, you think you can woo a woman? Think again as Shania Twain tells you – That don’t impress me much.

“I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius-you drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a know-it-all
Oh-oo-oh, you think you're special
Oh-oo-oh, you think you're something else

Okay, so you're a rocket scientist
That don't impress me much”



      3. Come on over

Life is simple. Do not complicate it. Do the way Shania tells you and you will definitely feel light.

“Get a life-get a grip
Get away somewhere, take a trip
Take a break-take control
Take advice from someone you know
Come on over-come on in
Pull up a seat-take a load off your feet
Come on over-come on in
You can unwind-take a load off your mind.”



      4. Ka-Ching

A melodious take on world’s hypocrisy. No one other than Shania would have described it so beautifully.

“We live in a greedy little world--
that teaches every little boy and girl
To earn as much as they can possibly--
then turn around and
Spend it foolishly
We've created us a credit card mess
We spend the money that we don't possess
Our religion is to go and blow it all
So it's shoppin' every Sunday at the mall.”


      5. Forever and for always

Love makes world go around and that is what Twain is describing in this song.

“In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....”




      6. Don’t be stupid

Does an over-possessive lover surround you? Make him/her hear this song. They will understand. Love comes with space for each partner.

“You're so complicated-you hang over my shoulder
When I read my mail
I don't appreciate it
When I talk to other guys
You think they're on my tail
I get so aggravated when I get off the phone
And I get the third degree
I'm really feelin' frustrated
Why don't you take a pill and put a little trust in me
And you'll see

Don't freak out until you know the facts
Relax”



       7.  I’m Outta Here

Next time, a guy is flirting with you, just rewind the lyrics of this song. Make it crystal clear that is he is not in love – he cannot flirt either.

“Mind if I sit down?
Can I buy you a round?
Haven't seen your face before
Are you new in town?
It's the same old line
Oh every time
Are you here alone?
Can I take you home?
Now every woman sees
With every "pretty please"
There's a pair of lyin' eyes
And a set of keys
He says come be a star
In the back seat of my car
Oh but baby slow down
You're goin' way too far

Let me make it clear
To you my dear”



Happy Birthday Shania Twain! You rock girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment